Clihttp://www.npr.org/2013/04/12/176913038/short-and-sweet-celebrating-d-c-s-cherry-blossoms-with-haikuck to set custom HTML
* Please sign ISN (student subject notebooks) when sent home, and PLEASE make sure students return it to class the next day.
Cool sites! may not work as link, please copy and paste on URL
Students may read identified AR books and take the computer assessment at the library or computer lab. 1st graders have a set amount of ____points to earn per month. Please help them read. There is at least one computer in class available. Students may also go to "Computer lab" before school, or even take an AR test at the library. Happy readings! :)
Students know their AR level now.
* Students are recognizing letter/sounds, sight words.
* Increasing fluency.
* Identifying story elements in different genre such as poetry, biography, fiction, non-fiction, realistic fiction.
* Increasing comprehension: creating summaries, retelling, identifying character feelings...
* Creating stories using the Writing Process: brainstorming, drafting, editing (peer/teacher) final paper.
Students will begin taking AR tests in January, let's read!
AR reading levels
0.0-0.9 light blue
7.0- 7.9 brown
8.0-8.9 light green
We will begin with "Johnny Can Read".
Parents: students need to master their Kinder and First grade sight words, please help them memorize them. Suggestion: make flash cards.
Kinder Sight Word List
can,we, go, have, he, she, do, for, was, has, me, I, see, to, play, is, are, this, here, my, where, like, the, a, you, and, said, what, little, look, with, jump, it, be, come, pull, use, not, over, ride, down, help, very, up, too, run, good, now, her, two, of, live, place, make, three, show, together, our, eat, some, many, again, one, all, under, they, no, who, out, could, then, want, away, way, funny, so, from, soon, done, old, boy, friends, school, why, how, there, into, your, find, work, by, girl, today, call, more, every, people, after, new, any, does, water, across, once, walked, pretty, write, change, head, shout, because, carry, saw, about, says, better, move, never, also, or, eight, upon, give, were, buy, ball, should, blue, other, another, poor, house, great, their, against, orange, enough, open, climbed, through, knew, know, warm, fall, yellow, eye, full, grew, would, sound, below, sure, air, learn, always, love, early, thought, laugh, before, around, certain, father, mother, instead, build, only, gone, begin, minutes, four, along, nothing, goes, been, searching, brought, straight.
Dolsch first grade sight words
- after, again, an, any, as, ask, by, could, every, fly, from, give, giving, had, has, her, him, his, how, just, know, let, live, may, of, old, once, open, over, put, round, some, stop, take, thank, them, then, think, walk, were, when
Additional Fry Instant Word List to practice for fluency
arrangement, ten frames, dice, die, domino, pips, subtract, subtraction, subtractions sentence, minus, compare, less, number line, solve, strategy, basic facts, fluency, equal, equivalent, balance, unknown, equal sign, missing number, number line, part, whole, number sentence, dime, nickel, coin, cent, amount, value, cent sign, pattern, predict, 120’s chart, repeat, skip counting, tens, concrete, pictorial models, difference, whole-part/ part mat, properties of operations, measure, length, height, tall, size of unit, number of units, closer to, collect, data, sort, pictures graph, represent, sorting rule, column, row, information, label, create, tally, tally marks, horizontal, vertical, label row.
Please practice Kinder sight word list daily.
Students will soon take a notebook with sight words to read, spell.
1. he 2. be 3. if 4. got 5. his 6. has 7. hot 8. ran 9.hand
10. fast 11. said 12. the 13. 14. 15.
Students will take "blue" reading notebook home to review previous sight words...13, 14, & 15 on dictation day.
1. It ran so fast.
2. Dan sat in sand.
week 34, 35, 36, 37
Saxon/ Dolsch sight word list